A little bit about me…
If I had to describe myself, I’d say I’m a bit of a walking contradiction. I am super laid back, but at the same time ridiculously over-organised, bordering on obsessive. My style is simplistic, but I love bold statements. I’m a workaholic, but I love it when I get time to relax. But most of all, I’m a total perfectionist and it drives my family crazy.
What I do here at White Events…
Everything! I’m the driving force, the one with all the mad, creative ideas, the one that barks the orders (in the nicest possible way of course). I’m across every detail of every single event we have here, so you could say I’m a control freak. But I like to think of it more as a passionate events professional whose mission in life is to make your event awesome! I also take care of all the boring behind the scenes stuff, like bookwork – yuck!
Why a life in events?
I stumbled into events almost by accident. After finishing my hospitality management studies, I worked on a charity ball for Radio Lollipop and the rest is history. That was heading towards 17 years ago now and managing events is literally all I have ever done. I’ve been lucky enough to have worked for some of Perth’s most well known organisations and created some huge and spectacular events along the way, even rolling out an event across Australia. It’s been one hell of a ride and I really can’t imagine what else I would do if I wasn’t making these amazing events come to life.
5 fun facts…
1. My first ever event was for just over 300 guests… Talk about jumping in the deep end!
2. I have a snippet of my wedding vows tattooed on my foot and so does my hubby.
3. I love black in a bridal party and I’m secretly dying for one of my Brides to wear a black wedding dress (with white bridesmaids).
4. I have 3 little boys (which shocks everyone). It’s a tad crazy at times but I can pretty much add professional juggler to my list of skills.
5. The name White Events comes from my surname, Lara White, and you’d be amazed how often that connection is not made.
My top 3 wedding trends…
1. Crowns… Viktoria Novak especially – I’m obsessed!
2. Colour… I’m loving getting adventurous with random pops of colour.
3. Installations… Doesn’t matter if it’s lights, flowers or both, installations are a must and the bigger the better I say!
My style in 3 words…
Modern, sleek and understated.
When I’m not working, I’m…
Working! Ha ha! Seriously though, as any business owner will tell you there is always something to be done. But when I do find a few minutes to step away from the office… You’ll just find me chilling with my family. I’m a sucker for some quiet, down time.
Summer or Winter?
Summer of course, it’s wedding season!
Cat or dog?
Dog! Our White Events studio pooch is called Roxy and her favourite pastime is barking at anyone walking by, especially when we are on the phone.
Holiday destination of choice…
The South West, we head there several times a year, for business and pleasure… It never fails to impress.
Drink of choice…
“You’ve always had the power… You had to learn it for yourself.” Glinda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz.
So there you have it, a little insight into me. I’d love to hear all about you and your event, be it a wedding, corporate or social event, over a coffee at one of my fave Mt Hawthorn haunts. Flick me an email, email@example.com, and let’s chat!
Feature image by Jemma Keech Photography. Click here for more from out “Meet the Team” style shoot.